4 June 2021
Official Information Request – Drug and alcohol testing
I refer to your official information request received by Western Bay of Plenty District Council
on 9 May 2021 where you requested information relating to ‘drug and alcohol pathology
testing at Western Bay of Plenty District Council’.
Does the organisation carry out drugs and alcohol testing (among employees or other
Presently, Council do not undertake any form of drug or alcohol testing.
2. If drug and alcohol testing does take place at the organisation:
3. Who currently provides the testing service i.e., name of service provider(s)?
For each (named) service provider:
4. What is the nature of the drug & alcohol testing service delivered e.g., saliva, urine,
breath and alcohol and synthetic cannabinoids?
5. In what geographic location(s) is the service delivered?
6. Is the service provided under contract? If yes:
7. How many contracts does the provider have with your organisation?
8. What is the term of that/those contract(s)?
9. What is the dollar value of that/those contract(s)?
10. Are there options for renewing that/those contract(s)?
11. What organisation(s)/company(ies) previously conducted drug and alcohol testing for
your organisation (repeat all of ‘b’ for previous service providers)?
Jan Pedersen Group Manager People and Customer Services