Private Bag 50072, Queenstown 9348, New Zealand QUEENSTOWN
, 10 Gorge Road, Phone +64 3 441 0499, Fax +64 3 450 2223 WANAKA
, 47 Ardmore Street, Phone +64 3 443 0024, Fax +64 3 450 2223
16 September 2020
Sent via email to [FYI request #13809 email]
Dear Aaron, REQUEST FOR OFFICIAL INFORMATION RECEIVED
Thank you for your request for official information dated 16 September 2020. You have requested the
following information from the Queenstown Lakes district Council (QLDC):
1. In the past five years, how many times has the Council used their rights under the Public
Health Act to inspect rental-housing properties?
2. In the past five years, how many times has the Council exercised its powers to issue a repair
or closure notice to landlords whose properties do not meet the Housing Improvement
3. How do you identify which rental housing properties to inspect under the Public Health Act?
4. What is the process for tenants to request the Council inspect their rental housing property
under the Public Health Act and provide a written report on its condition?
5. What information is available on your website or in your publications on rental housing
inspections provided by the Council?
6. What is your process for engaging with the Tenancy Tribunal to provide reports on the rental
housing inspections you conduct? Queenstown Lakes District Council (QLDC) is currently
considering your request, and will communicate a decision to you by 12 October 2020 unless
Queenstown Lakes District Council (QLDC) is currently considering your request, and will communicate
a decision to you by 14 October 2020 unless otherwise advised.
QLDC is committed to the principle of availability and is pleased to be assisting you with your request.
Governance and official Information Advisor